Every Aspire academy is accountable to the Trust Board. A Hub council is perfectly positioned to facilitate this and to ensure the academies within it can realistically meet the requirements of the Trust.
Hub Councillors, in partnership with academies, communicate and work in conjunction with the Board to provide a vital link and additional level of accountability.
- Focus on consistently improving outcomes for all pupils but especially for disadvantaged pupils.
- Provide challenge and support to leaders at all levels in the Hub
- Monitor the performance and progress of the academies in the Hub, agreeing strategies to achieve continuous improvement and monitoring the Hub Improvement Plan
- Strategic oversight of the curriculum
- Take all aspects of safeguarding and well -being seriously and appoint a designated Safeguarding Council member
- Conduct an annual self- evaluation of the impact and effectiveness of the Hub Councils and academies improvement activities
- Promote Trust vision, policies and priorities
- Councillors are confident in their evaluations and understanding, and do not shy away from challenging leaders about variations in outcomes for pupil groups, especially between disadvantaged and other pupils
- Councillors monitor the effectiveness of the actions leaders take to secure and sustain improvements to teaching, learning and assessment and effectively hold them to account for this. This is communicated effectively to the Board and the Hub Director through the minutes of the Hub Council meetings
- To carry out Safeguarding duties as detailed in the monitoring programme
Helen Eustice: Helen was formerly a parent governor and is the eyes and ears of the parents. Having three children, two of whom are current pupils means that Helen is able to challenge the provision and secure the best for the children. Helen’s professional background makes her perfect for her role of also securing the best for staff well-being and development.
Both of our Hub Councillors have up to date training in PREVENT, Safer recruitment, Safeguarding & FGM.